Thursday, March 05, 2015

Sweet moments.......

I had a few minutes to sit by myself this morning and as I did I found my eyes drawn to a quote on our kitchen wall. "This is the day The Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24). As I sat by myself in a house that is normally filled with life I was determined to look for the joy and be the joy today. It felt good to make that choice this morning. I will be honest. Some days don't always start out that way..........

I saw and felt joy today and want to remember it in these moments.

-Nolan saying, " I am sure gonna miss mom when I go to kindergarten."
-Cameron reading his mystery book in his room that he couldn't wait to finish
-Austin leading Cameron and Nolan around playing "Simon Says" and reviewing his hallway rules for school with them (this was an awesome family moment)
-the smile on Jake's face when he brought Cam home from school today and Nolan and Austin were jumping straight up and down with excitement to see them
-making silly faces with Nolan and taking selfies ;)
-Cameron tucking Austin in for bed and saying "I just love that baby boy and his soft forehead."
-Jake playing Simon Says with Austin 209 times
-Austin saying "hands up" and making us do his snack song....... And then praying about calendar
-reading "Morris the Moose" to Cam and Nolan and cracking up because it's a silly book!
-watching the sweet movie Austin's teacher shared with us from school
-watching all of the boys love on their kitties
-singing out loud in the shower
-Austin saying "check on daddy" after I kiss him goodnight
-looking at Nolan's big beautiful eyes
-Cameron telling us at supper how he got to see Austin at school and give him a high 5

There were so many more but tonight as the house is quiet once again I am thankful for those simple moments in our day.  My prayer for our boys is that they see the joy in loving God and loving people and that they want to spend their own days doing the same.




1 comment:

Jenna said...

So sweet! You're such a good mama.