Thursday, October 10, 2013

Lilly

I have been waiting a while to post this because it was so sad.  It's been a couple weeks now.  Lilly, our 11 1/2 year old kitty had a few days of not eating.  She seemed like she was trying to cough up a hairball so we thought maybe something was stuck.  We decided we had to get her to the vet to see what was going on.  We found out that she had a large tumor in her stomach that was pushing against her lungs causing them to not work properly.   The tumor was inoperable and the vet said there was nothing they could do.  We were so sad and we still are sad.  She was the best cat and so much of our family from the beginning even before Jake and I were married.  She always seemed to sense when I was pregnant with each of the boys and would put her paws on my belly when I would lay down.  She was Jake's girl.  I used to call her his girlfriend.  We still look for her.  Nolan told me today that he still misses her and Austin still goes to the window saying "kitty?"  Cam took it the hardest.  Such a hard thing to explain to kids.  We have a gap in our house right now.  The boys want to adopt a new kitten.  We told them we would talk about it more after Christmas.  The thing is........no other kitty can compare to Lilly Bell!  We love you!
 Photo: Jake Raymer and I were looking back at my blog and found this picture of our sweet kitty. She was the best kitty ever!

No comments: